The flexibility of industrial printing presses enables modules with the ideal finishes for each project
In the light of the enormous variety of almost identical products on the market, design has become critical in attracting consumers. In this context, apart from printing, other finishes play an important role, and it is common to include: embossing, stamping, die cutting and screen printing to provide an eye-catching customised touch. However, each project requires a specific handling technique to be incorporated in the production process with optimum result guarantees.
Thus, printing equipment modularity becomes an essential requirement to adapt each machine to the needs of each project. So, at Rotatek we work with a system of finishing units which can be incorporated to offer an industrial rotary press tailored to the customer and his production requirements.
A perfect module for each finish
The range of added value units is wide enabling detailed customisation for each printing set as per the specific production needs of each market or project; and at Rotatek we have the following options:
- Stamping and flatbed embossing: This unit enables hot stamping and embossing in sequence at the same time. Thanks to the heating system of the top comprising two areas whose temperature is regulated separately, enabling a hot stamping area at 180 °C and an embossing area at 50 °C at the same time.
- Lamination and cold stamping: This operates via the application of glue and its subsequent lamination via a stamping film. Likewise, it can operate as a self-adhesive laminating tool or application with glue. It is the ideal module for handling non-porous or filmic materials.
- Semi-rotary flatbed embossing: With this unit, embossing is possible for all kinds of substrates such as: paper, self-adhesive materials, and folding carton, among many others. Moreover, being a semi-rotary system, it offers the possibility of carrying out multiple embossed designs in different formats without changing any cylinder, only the magnetic plate.
- Semi-rotary die cutting: It is highly useful for die cutting self-adhesive materials, and again simply by changing the magnetic plate it adapts to multiple label formats. It also includes a fine adjustment system providing greater pressure control to obtain maximum die cutting precisions.
- Semi-rotary hot stamping: This unit has micrometric precision adjustment offering maximum stamping precision and quality. In this case, the module includes a foil economising system enabling up to 90% saving on the film. Thanks to its characteristics, it works perfectly with all kinds of materials including texturized materials.
- Flatbed embossing: This module enables application of optimum high-quality embossing on labels and high added value boxes, particularly on more premiumapplications like: wines, cosmetic products or alcoholic beverages among many others. The plates contain the image to be embossed using a male-female plate system so the desired shape is impressed into the format via pressure. Moreover, the unit allows diagonal and transverse regulation by motorised spindles.
- Flatbed screen printing: It is ideal both for printing fine lines, whole surfaces and relief printing up to a thickness of 300 microns. Thus, it is a very versatile tool that offers the printer the possibility of highlighting from details of small dimensions to large volumes with a colour intensity higher than that achieved by other printing technologies. To achieve this, it is based on a forward and reverse screen system with a fixed squeegee that can work at high speeds of up to 4,200 cycles/hour.
- Sheeting Unit: It is an end module designed to cut paper materials and folding boxes in sheets, admitting weights ranging from 35 to 300 grammes. This unit has a cutter head using a scissor system comprising a cylinder with two cutting blocks at 180 °C, making one or two cuts on each turn.